Do You Understand Medicaid Planning And The Medicaid Asset Protection Trust?
Medicaid Planning is one key option for paying for long-term care. And within Medicaid Planning, one tool (among others) we often use is the Medicaid Asset Protection Trust or the MAPT. Both Medicaid Planning in general, and the MAPT specifically, can be confusing to learn about. In this book we walk through the basics of both.
Take the first step in understanding Medicaid planning by downloading our Medicaid Planning and MAPT Guide, then contact us to get started on your Medicaid planning questions.
In this guide, we will help you understand Medicaid planning topics, including:
- Timelines for Medicaid planning
- Medicaid asset protection trust
- Asset protection from future creditors
- Exclusion of capital gain on sale of principal residence
- Ability to design who will receive trust income
- Ability to make trust assets noncountable for beneficiaries’ Medicaid or SSI