Estate Planning Checklist For The Sandwich Generation Guide
Have you ever felt “sandwiched” between the pressures of caring for an older parent and raising your own family?
If so, you are part of a unique group of people known as the “Sandwich Generation.” These are adults who are juggling the roles of caring for their own families—including minor children—and aging parents at the same time. Establishing an estate plan is key to protecting your legacy for your families’ future.
In this guide, we will help you understand estate planning topics, including:
- Choose between a will or a trust
- Plan for the care of your children
- Choose who your beneficiaries are
- Set in place powers of attorney
- Establish how you want your remains handle
- Designate proper asset ownerships and beneficiaries